Let the holiday spirit fill your competitive side—the Pine Island Area Chamber of Commerce is sponsoring a Holiday Decorating Contest! Deadline to participate is Thursday December 14th. Prizes for Residential & Business categories are 1st place: $50, 2nd place: $25, and 3rd place: $10. Print the Participation Form HERE and mail to PO Box 441 or drop off at the Pine Island Bank and Community Education office. Voting will be conducted between December 18th and 24th.
A huge THANK YOU to Rod Steele, Brian Hale, Pine Island Bank, Trailhead Bar and Grill, and Jeanne Rasmussen for donating prize money!
- Property being decorated must be located within City limits.
- Entry Applications must be submitted no later than 4pm on Thursday, December 14th.
- Contest is for exterior decorations only, including decorations in windows that are visible from the exterior. Judging will be done from outside the residence only.
- The participant residence/business cannot be decorated by a professional decorating/lighting company.
- Judging will be based on “curb appeal” as viewed from the street only. Therefore only those decorations located on the street side of the property will be judged (corner lots will be judged from both streets). Judges will not enter the property to view back or side yards.
- Judging will be conducted by community members on facebook the week before Christmas, but a photographer will be going around the weekend of the 16th to photograph your home or business. Ensure all lights and fixtures are in place and activated at this time.
- Participants agree to have one or more photos of their decorated residence exterior posted on the Pine Island Area Chamber of Commerce facebook page and website. Participant agrees there will be no compensation of any kind for said posting or publication.